Heraldic Shield

CBSA Coat of Arms

Our new Coat of Arms

Current CBSA Badge

Heraldic Badge

Our new heraldic Flashes


Hi Everyone,

Thank you for visiting my blog. Your support is appreciated.

How it started
I started this blog about a in June or July of 2010 because of my interest in blogging and more importantly because of the feedback and questions I received from the public. It was clear that many people find understanding Customs policy, regulation and procedure difficult to understand. I also heard on a daily basis from the public and colleagues how hard it was to find the information on the CBSA website.

So that’s how it began.

I don’t blog everyday, and I don’t blog about what I had for lunch. haha. I try to only write articles that I think would be useful for the public.

I took an oath of privacy so I cannot write about topics or answer questions or comments where the information is not already public. Please respect that.

I also have to stay anonymous. I know this is a big “no no” when it comes to building trust online but I hope you understand that because I write this blog on my own time there is a possibility that it would be frowned upon by the powers that be. I don’t know why. But anything is possible in the government. They could argue that its bad public perception for some reason I cannot fathom.

I truly enjoy my job and I’m happy to wake up each day to try and make a positive difference for Canada and Canadians.

All I want to do is help people.

I agree with the belief or premise that we are all on this planet to serve one another. What you possess materially you cannot take with you when you die. ..you can only give it away.  Neither can we store or bank Time. We can only give this away too. So if there is a purpose to life, then it must be give.

I hope that what I have to “give” is what you can use to make your life a little easier.


Best regards,


One Response to ABOUT

  • Tim says:

    I am looking for the Customs Form to import an antique vase over 100 years old duty free and a Form to get a refund on taxes charged in error.